Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Spring 2010








So this is new for me :-)
The quilt I want to show was made during a quilt-along / class with Tonya. It was a present for a friend who turned 40 last year and it lives with her since last December.

The colours are quite unusual for me, but I thought my friend would like them. I had a lot of fun piecing houses and trees and the more houses and trees I made, the wonkier they got.
On the top of the quilt are 5 stars which represent her family and as she has cats, of course there had to be some cat-fabric :-)



This is the back with the label ( the star )




Heidi

Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Heidi,
    der Quilt ist eine Wucht!!! Fantastische Farben (genau meine ;))). Deine Freundin muss sich sehr gefreut haben.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love the wonky houses. What a fun quilt!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Fantastische farbkombination. Schöne Arbeit.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Very cool quilt!! Love those wonky houses!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love the wonky houses/trees & the personalization.

    Randi
    http://DivaBuzz.designing-diva.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is a really fun quilt. Good colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. wow very cool:) http://erinlebeau.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. gorgeous! I love the "wonky" houses and that you did her name on the quilt border. And the back is as gorgeous as the front!!!

    Did you free motion quilt this yourself?

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (I finally have some free time so am trying to get to more amazing Quilt Festival posts!... so happy to see yours. I would love to have you pop over to my place. And if you get a chance, please let me know by leaving a comment. :o)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. the colors are so much fun! Thanks for sharing this quilt

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. This is such a fun quilt! I love the colors. Your friend is very lucky to get such a wonderful present.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Wonderful quilt! I love what you did with the colors and I love wonky!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. This is terrific! I love it! I love your colors. It's great.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Hi Heidi
    Lovely bright quilt- and I didn't get your email.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. beautiful quilt - you did a great job!

    AntwortenLöschen