Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2011

a finish and a start



It's still spring here in Germany and so I'm happy my new spring wall hanging is finished. It's already hanging on it's place until summer arrives...

Machine pieced and quilted and of course I forgot to measure it :-)

Here's a detail:

The back:



I quilted big flowers in the border fabric, but they don't show. But that's ok, I'll label it under 'practicing'   :-) The backing fabric is from IKEA and I managed to put it upside down. Again no problem, because nobody will see it.


And I started a leader enders project:  ocean waves à la Bonnie Hunter. This will be a long time project. Here's the first block:




Heidi



Kommentare:

  1. The birds are so sweet! I love how they look. The scrap block will make a very very cool scrap quilt. The blue quilt is beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love your birds!!! The colors you've used are so Spring!! Wonderful. Your new block looks wonderful too, I like the scrappy fabric look.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh, I love the birds. What a fun way to begin spring. Somehow I forget to make a spring quilt--only have one and it's an old one from my beginnings. Yours is really an inspiration. The colors definitely speak spring!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. The enhanced bird legs really add to the block - what a great sense of color you have. Glad you are joining us in the Liberated Round Robin too!
    http://liberatedroundrobin.com
    : )
    June

    AntwortenLöschen