The bird sample is finished and it's not as crooked as it looks on this photo. It measures 21 x 18 1/2".
Last sunday morning I picked a green fabric for the binding, cut two stripes and pieced them together, only to find out, I pieced one stripe together. Ok, took the seam ripper, took it apart again and intended to piece the 2 stripes together..Oops, I had cut the stripes in different widths... So I cut another stripe and the rest went well, I sewed the binding on without any other problems ;-)
I planned to stitch it down by hand in the evening, so I could take a look at it all day long... and I didn't like the green, because it didn't match the green in the border. To make it short, I took the binding off again and pieced on the orange binding the next day . Which surprisingly went without mistakes :-)
And here's the WIP:
Currently measuring 48x48" and waiting for a border...