Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

A Finish and a WIP

The bird sample is finished and it's not as crooked as it looks on this photo. It measures 21 x 18 1/2".

Last sunday morning I picked a green fabric for the binding, cut two stripes and pieced them together, only to find out, I pieced one stripe together. Ok, took the seam ripper, took it apart again and intended to piece the 2 stripes together..Oops,  I had cut the stripes in different widths... So I cut another stripe and the rest went well, I sewed the binding on without any other problems ;-)
I planned to stitch it down by hand in the evening, so I could take a look at it all day long... and I didn't like the green, because it didn't match the green in the border. To make it short, I took the binding off again and pieced on the orange binding the next day . Which surprisingly went without mistakes  :-)

And here's the WIP:

 Currently measuring 48x48" and waiting for a border...


Heidi

Kommentare:

  1. Darling birdie and your WIP is beautiful. I love those crisp Fall colors with the hints of blue and pink.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lovely autumnal colours.

    Yuk to the binding, but glad it turned out ok.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Both of your quilts are full of sunshine!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. beautiful! I love the colors on that WIP!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. OH MY I LOVE THE COLORS in your quilt!!!! gorgeous!!

    AntwortenLöschen