Freitag, 28. Oktober 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival Fall 2011

First, thank you for stopping by and thank you Amy, for hosting this fun event again :-)

I'm entering my wall quilt 'Libellensommer', which I made during Tonya's online class http://lazygalsummer2007.blogspot.com/


I think my theme was repetition, but after 3 dragonflies I had enough of it :-).
Then while assembling the top, the theme hit me again... I pieced scraps together, cut them apart, pieced them together again and so on.

But I'm happy how it turned out and during summer it lives on a wall at our entrance.


This is a detail-shot of the quilting


And now here's the link  to all the other partipicants:


Have fun 
Heidi


Kommentare:

  1. Heidi, I really love it! So fun, and the quilting is so beautiful! Well done!
    Greetings from Cyprus,
    Valentina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. beautiful!!!! and wonderful to see it again. love those dragonflies!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Delightful dragonflies. Such a great quilt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a beautiful greeting as you enter your home! A beautiful and clever quilt!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love it. I could stare at that all day and dream!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wonderful quilt. I love the dragonflies.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Very clever dragonflies! Amazing piecing and detail to quilting is amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Love it Heidi....it is so fresh and different..love your colours...

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Great job! I think your dragonflies are super, and the quilt is perfect. And I like your letters too. *grin*

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Really love this quilt! Thanks for sharing. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Great quilt! Just love it and what a great celebration of simmer. Great colors and fabrics. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. A beautiful quilt and lovely quilting. Gorgeous colours, too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. I have scrolled through your posts and really like your work. The placemats are so nice.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Love your quilt and I'm glad I'm not the only person entering the Quilt Festival late!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. This is beautiful, the dragonflies look like they are flying across the sky. The quilting is great.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Love this quilt and how you decided to piece it. Very clever!

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Love love love - the free-pieced letters, the dragonflies, everything!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Beautiful quilt...thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. I love this quilt and the dragon flies are fantastic! Makes me want to sew a summer quilt like this!!!

    AntwortenLöschen