Montag, 4. Juni 2012

Old wallhangings

In our house don't hang that much quilts, in total 4 I think. The first one greets  you in our staircase when you enter the house. This one is changed according to the season... or so ;-)
When I made the first batch of season wallhangings I made spring, summer, fall, winter and christmas.
But in those more than 14 years of quilting, I made new versions of spring, summer .
As I didn't know what to do with the old ones, I asked for help in the German group Quilt-Sterne and one woman answered she would be happy to have them for kids in wheelchairs to use them for field trips.
I happily included autumn too and sent 3 quilts away:




They are now used in the break room where the kids rest. Now this is much better than getting dusty in the attic !

But this means I need a new fall quilt ;-)

Heidi


Kommentare:

  1. What a thoughtful way to pass along your quilts. I'm sure they'll get terrific use and they're really pretty too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your quilts are beautiful. Its such a good idea to change your quilts with the seasons. Do you have an idea for your Fall quilt?

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. They are gorgeous. So pleased they're bringing happiness to someone.

    AntwortenLöschen