Freitag, 8. Juni 2012

Perfect binding

'Meeresquadrate' is finally quilted, when I look at it, galloping horses come to my mind, don't aks why ;-)
But it's not that bad, at least there are no puckers at the back.

I think it's the first time I ordered a fabric for the binding. Normally I have something matching in my stash or I make a scrappy binding. So when the fabric arrived I was really delighted how it matches the top.


In the next few minutes the European soccer championship starts, so there will be plenty of time to hand sew the binding down .

And another thing I am delighted of : Rachael wrote such a lovely and flattering post about me.
Thank you so much Rachael !

Heidi

Kommentare:

  1. Hello Heidi! I just linked over form RachealDaisy's blog. She is right--you have a way with words, written and quilted! I really like your starry, starry night quilt--it makes me feel like I'm floating in the sky with them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. The right binding can really make a quilt something special. That binding is perfect. Such lovely blues.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your binding is perfect! All the blues and greens are so soothing. It reminds me of the ocean.

    I really enjoyed your "interview" with Rachaeldaisy. And it was fun to see so many of your quilts too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi Heidi. I am just popping over from Rachael's blog. Your quilts are beautiful. Love your house block. The roof fabric with the bird on it looks perfectly placed.

    AntwortenLöschen