Montag, 28. Oktober 2013

Herbst - Blogger's quilt Festival

This quilt didn't make it into the last Festival, it wasn't quite finished yet. But it's probably better placed this time, as it's name is 'Herbst' which means fall or autumn :-)

I started this quilt in 2011 without any plan, just with a bunch of swapped Kaffe Fassetts fabrics

Blocks were sewn whenever I had time and until I thought it was enough. Then I had this beautiful brown fabric and decided to use it for the sashing. When I was at this stage I found out that I didn't have enough of the sashing fabric for the outer sashing, so I had to make this sashing with  a smaller width. But I didn't mind.
 Finally the top was finished:


 Then the quilting began and I was really looking forward to it. I didn't like the first background quilting and had to take it out from  3 or 4 blocks. This time I did mind, but it was worth it :-)


I quilted feathers in the solid border and to mark the feather line I used a method I found in Gwen Marston's book 'Quilting with style '. It worked perfectly. The feathers are quilted free, without any marking.



And so here are at last another tree photos, of the finished quilt, the back and a detail shot.

I quilted it on my PFAFF 2046.
It's my favorite quilt so far  :-)

Name: Herbst
Size: 81 x 81 inches
Pattern :  by me.... just evolved
Pieced and Quilted by : me
Festival Category: Home machine quilted catogory


Here's the link back to the festival.... 
a feast for the eyes with all those wonderful quilts displayed !


 
AmysCreativeSide

Thank you Amy, for so much work you put into this great Festival !

Heidi

Kommentare:

  1. Love the quilt Heidi! The orange and blue go so well together. I had forgotten about that no mark method! I'm going to try it on my next quilt that needs feathers! Thanks, Claire W.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this quilt!! The fabrics and colours are all so wonderful. The quilting really suits it. I love the feathers going around the orange border.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You did that on your home machine?? Wow. Beautiful quilting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Love the colors of your quilt! Beautiful stitching.:)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love the color combination that you used:)))

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Perfect name for such a gorgeous quilt. I remember the progress on this one and have always love the brightness of the Fall colors you chose. Your quilting is amazing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love this quilt - so colourful and full of fun

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Such a vibrant beautiful quilt!

    AntwortenLöschen