Freitag, 16. Mai 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival, Spring 2014

It's that time of the year again - ; thanks Amy for creating the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

In April I finished this small wallhanging, I call it 'Rose garden '... its working title was bamboo garden ( created by Rachael ) but referring to the roses in the border, I changed its name.

I had so much fun piecing the small bits and strings together and even more fun quilting it. Frankly, I hadn't any plan when I started, but the quilt asked for these drops on a string or lanterns .....
The top is finished for quite a while, you can find posts about the process here and here
 .

I found fabric in my stash which colors match the front...ok, not enough for the whole backing, but that's ok.I finally found the time to finish it this spring and I'm happy how it turned out.

And I found a matching piece for the hanging sleeve.... I like that !

I'm entering it in the Small Quilt Category

Quilt statistics:
Name: “Rose garden”
Finished size: 25 x 26″
Machine pieced and quilted

Finished: April 2014
 
  Thank you for visiting and be sure to see as many of the other quilts as possible :-)
That's what I'll try too

Heidi


AmysCreativeSide.com

Kommentare:

  1. Der ist toll geworden. Bin zwar nicht so die rosige, aber die kleinen Ecken und das Quilting sehen klasse aus. Jetzt bin ich auch mal grad rübergehüpft zum Festival. Obwohl hier noch 5 zugeschnittene Strandmädels und Fotos von meinen Stoffen warten... lg Eva

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, ist der schön gequiltet! Ganz, ganz toll! Da muss ich jetzt auch gleich mal gucken gehen bei den anderen... :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great improv piecing in the centre - and beautifully quilted!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I like both names. Reminds me of me standing in a bamboo garden on my blog profile picture. I love this quilt.

    AntwortenLöschen