Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2011

First Finish in 2011

I don't even know when I started this quilt, probably in the last century :-)
I collected those old-fashioned fabrics for a while, then had to ( = couldn't wait ) start sewing the blocks before I had enough for a whole quilt and some time during the years I didn't like it any more.

Now I'm using other colours, other techniques and I even considered giving the blocks away, but I don't know why,  I just had to finish it.

So plans for the layout where changed, I swapped fabric because I didn't want to buy more and finally this UFO has bit the dust. I used leftovers for the back, something I learnt from Bonnie's blog.

Here it is:

The back:

and a detail-shot of my machine quilting:
There are even some dragonflies ( Libellen ) in this quilt :-)

I really like how it turned out and it will be donated .

1 Kommentar:

Ich freue mich über Kommentare, weise allerdings darauf hin, dass durch Abgabe eines Kommentars alle eingegebenen Daten, die IP-Adresse, der Kommentartext sowie andere Daten an Server gesendet (und an Dritte weitergeben) werden können.
Wenn du die Kommentarfunktion nutzt, erklärst du automatisch und explizit deine Zustimmung zur Datenerhebung.