Dienstag, 24. Januar 2012

A failure

... at least temporarily !

Yesterday I finally started machine-quilting this . I decided to make wavy lines through the centers of the squares all along the quilt so it would end as a sort of a grid. The tension was good, the waves wheren't bad either, but when I turned the quilt after the first wave I thought, oh, it's a bit sloppy pin basted. I feared to get wrinkles and after quilting some more lines , I was right... big sigh...
Now I have to unrip all the quilting, remove the pins and start all over again....Maybe next weekend...

Which gives me time to continue with this project, maybe I get the 'g' done ;-)


Mittwoch, 11. Januar 2012

Another finish - Scrap Star

Most of the quilting was already done last year, it only needed some finishing touches, binding, hanging sleeve and label.
So this is Scrap Star:

a closeup of the quilting

and a look on the back, which I also love :-), before the sleeve and label was sewn on

I bought the beautiful border fabric at the Carrefour Européen du Patchwork in 2010 from Dijanne Cevaal,
it was a pleasure to quilt.

This  little quilt measures 49 x 51 cm  or 19 x 20 1/2 ".

Now on to the next PiP  :-)



Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012

Happy New Year and the first finishing of a PIP

Stephanie from Loft Creations started the Pipster fun and I joined. 
So here's my first finished project in 2012  ( only the binding had to be done ), a preemie quilt, it measures 77cm x 77cm or 30" x 30".

Additionally a bag for my son's paintings was made ( a new project ) 

and some blocks were made :-)

Happy New Year